Experienced tax preparer with over 5 years of experience in preparing tax returns for individuals, small businesses, and corporations. Strong knowledge of tax laws and regulations with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in tax preparation software such as TurboTax and H&R Block
- Experience in preparing taxes for various entities including individuals, small businesses, and corporations
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local tax laws and regulations
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients to gather necessary information
Tax Preparer - ABC Tax Services (2014-present)
- Prepare federal, state, and local tax returns for individuals, small businesses, and corporations
- Answer clients' tax-related questions and provide guidance on their tax situation
- Maintain confidentiality of client information
- Assist in organizing and reviewing tax documents and records
Tax Associate - XYZ Accounting Firm (2012-2014)
- Assisted in preparing corporate tax returns
- Conducted research on tax laws and regulations for corporate clients
- Assisted in drafting tax memos and reports
- Managed client files and tax documents
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting - University of ABC (2012)
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) - State of XYZ (2015)
A tax preparer is a professional who prepares and files tax returns on behalf of their clients. They are responsible for ensuring that all relevant tax forms and documents are completed accurately and on time. If you are looking to create a tax preparer resume for your next job application, here are some tips to help you get started.
Tips for Writing a Tax Preparer Resume:
- Begin with a clear and concise objective statement that highlights your experience and skills as a tax preparer. This should be tailored to the specific job you are applying for.
- List your relevant work experience in reverse chronological order, starting with your most recent position first. Include the name of the company, your job title and dates of employment.
- Use bullet points to describe your job duties and responsibilities, highlighting any accomplishments or achievements you have made in your previous roles.
- Include any relevant education or certifications you have earned in the field of tax preparation. This could include a degree in accounting or finance, or a certification such as the CPA or Enrolled Agent designation.
- Don't forget to include any relevant skills or software experience that you have, such as proficiency in tax preparation software or experience with bookkeeping.
- End your resume with a clear call to action, asking the hiring manager to contact you for an interview or to schedule a phone call.
Example Tax Preparer Resume:
Here is an example of a tax preparer resume that incorporates the tips outlined above:
Objective: Experienced tax preparer seeking a position with a reputable accounting firm where my skills and experience can be utilized to their fullest potential.
- Work Experience:
- ABC Accounting
- Tax Preparer, January 2018 - Present
- - Prepared and filed tax returns for individual and business clients
- - Assisted clients with tax planning strategies to reduce their tax liability
- - Researched and resolved complex tax issues for clients
- XYZ Accounting
- Tax Associate, June 2015 - December 2017
- - Prepared tax returns for individual and business clients
- - Conducted audits and reviews on client financial statements
- Education and Certifications:
- - Bachelor of Science in Accounting, University of Florida, 2015
- - Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Florida Board of Accountancy, 2016
- - Proficient in tax preparation software, including TurboTax and TaxAct
- - Experience with bookkeeping and accounting software, including QuickBooks
- - Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills
Call to Action: Thank you for considering my application. I look forward to speaking with you about my qualifications and experience.