Experienced and highly organized Surgery Scheduler with over 5 years of experience in scheduling surgical procedures and coordinating with surgeons, patients, and insurance providers. Proficient in managing multiple schedules and prioritizing tasks to ensure the completion of daily operations. Seeking to apply my skills and expertise in a fast-paced medical environment.
- Expertise in surgical scheduling and coordination
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology and insurance policies
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
ABC Hospital, Los Angeles, CA
June 2018 - Present
- Schedule surgical procedures for multiple surgeons and facilities using a scheduling software
- Coordinate with patients to ensure they are fully prepared for their procedure, including providing pre-operative instructions and completing necessary paperwork
- Liaise with insurance providers to verify coverage and obtain necessary authorizations
- Manage surgeons' schedules, including scheduling follow-up appointments and making modifications to the schedule as necessary
CDE Hospital, San Francisco, CA
April 2015 - May 2018
- Assisted in scheduling surgical procedures for multiple surgeons and facilities
- Provided patients with pre-operative instructions and completed necessary paperwork
- Verified insurance coverage and obtained necessary authorizations
- Managed surgeons' schedules, including scheduling post-operative appointments and making modifications to the schedule as necessary
- Bachelor's degree in Healthcare Administration
- XYZ University, Los Angeles, CA
- Graduated May 2015
Avoid Personal Pronouns
Your resume is a formal document. Avoid using personal pronouns like 'I', 'me', or 'my'. Instead, start your sentences with verbs.
Being a surgery scheduler requires a varying set of skills that is essential for scheduling procedures and ensuring the proper follow-up is conducted. This article will demonstrate how to write a surgery scheduler resume that stands out and accurately portrays your capabilities.
Resumes are all about precision and structure. Here are the sections that should appear on your surgery scheduler resume:
- Contact Information: Name, Phone number, Email Address
- Professional Summary: 2-3 brief sentences that showcase your experience and capabilities as a surgery scheduler.
- Core Competencies: A bullet point list of skills relevant to the position you are applying for.
- Education: List your degree and school.
- Work Experience: List the most recent job experience that is relevant to becoming a surgery scheduler, highlighting any relevant accomplishments.
Tips for Writing an Effective Surgery Scheduler Resume
- Use keywords: Employers typically look for resumes that contain keywords relevant to the position, so ensure your resume matches the job description.
- Quantify accomplishments: It is recommended that you incorporate numbers into your resume to demonstrate your accomplishments in your previous job. This will provide objective evidence of your ability to handle tasks.
- Formatting: Ensure that your resume is easy to read. The appropriate usage of bullet points, line spacing, and margins can make a huge difference.
- Customize your resume: Customize your resume for each position you apply for, so as to match the job requirements.
Writing a winning resume can be stressful. This article has demonstrated how to effectively present your skills as a surgery scheduler through a structured, keyword-rich, and quantifiable resume. Follow these tips, and you will be on your way to getting hired in that surgery scheduling position.