Experienced Senior Buyer with 10+ years in the industry. Proven success in negotiating and procuring goods and services, managing vendor relationships, and developing strategies that drive cost savings and process improvements.
Senior Buyer | 2017 - Present
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies for a $50M annual indirect spend portfolio
- Lead negotiations to achieve cost savings and favorable contract terms, resulting in 12% reduction in overall spend
- Manage vendor relationships, including performance evaluations, contract compliance, and issue resolution
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for process improvements and implement best practices
Buyer | 2013 - 2017
- Assisted Senior Buyers in procuring goods and services, issuing purchase orders, and managing supplier relationships
- Conducted market research and identified new suppliers for sourcing opportunities
- Negotiated with suppliers to obtain favorable pricing and contract terms
- Collaborated with internal stakeholders to ensure timely delivery of goods and services
- Bachelor of Science in Supply Chain Management, University of Michigan
- Strategic Sourcing
- Contract Negotiation
- Vendor Management
- Process Improvement
- Supply Chain Management
If you are looking for a job as a senior buyer, your resume is one of the most important tools you have. It is your chance to showcase your skills, experience, and achievements in a way that will impress potential employers.
Writing Your Senior Buyer Resume:
- Start with a clear objective: Your objective should be clear and concise. It should convey your career goals and highlight your strengths.
- List your skills: Make a list of your skills and match them to the job requirements.
- Highlight your experience: List your work experience in reverse chronological order, starting with your latest job. Focus on achievements and results rather than just job duties.
- Show your education: List your educational qualifications, including any certifications or special training that is relevant to the job.
- Mention your accomplishments: Include any awards, recognitions, or commendations you have received for your work in the field.
- Include references: If possible, include references from past employers or colleagues who can vouch for your skills and work ethic.
Tips for Writing a Great Senior Buyer Resume:
- Keep it concise: Make sure your resume is not too long or too detailed. Only include relevant information that will grab the attention of the employer.
- Use keywords: Use industry-specific keywords and buzzwords that show you have the knowledge and skills required for the job.
- Edit and proofread: Thoroughly edit and proofread your resume to ensure there are no spelling or grammatical errors.
- Customize it: Tailor your resume to the specific job you are applying for to show that you are a good fit for the role.
- Be honest: Make sure all the information you provide is accurate and honest. Don't embellish your achievements or qualifications.
- Show your personality: Include details about your interests, hobbies, or volunteer work that show you are a well-rounded person.
By following these tips and guidelines, you can create a senior buyer resume that will grab the attention of potential employers and help you land your dream job!