Real Estate Agent Resume Sample
Real Estate Agent seeking a position with a reputable firm to utilize my skills and knowledge in the industry.
- ABC Realty | Real Estate Agent | 2015 – Present
- Assisted clients in buying, selling and renting properties.
- Created and maintained relationships with clients, vendors, lenders, and attorneys.
- Conducted property tours and open houses for potential buyers and investors.
- Developed and implemented marketing strategies to promote properties.
- XYZ Real Estate | Real Estate Agent | 2013 – 2015
- Assisted clients in buying and selling homes, commercial properties and land.
- Prepared property listings and participated in showings and negotiations.
- Provided guidance to clients on financing options and the home buying process.
- Collaborated with other real estate professionals, including appraisers, inspectors, and contractors.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong negotiation skills
- Knowledgeable in real estate market trends and laws
- Experience using various real estate software and platforms
- Proven track record of successful transactions
- Creative problem solving skills
Show Your Impact
Don't just list what you did - show how it made a difference. Use concrete examples that demonstrate the impact you had on your company or team.
Real Estate Agent Resume Writing Guide
Real estate agents are in charge of helping clients buy, sell, and rent properties. A well-crafted real estate agent resume can help you land the job you want. Here are some tips for writing a resume that will stand out.
1. Choose the right format
The most common resume format is the reverse-chronological format, which lists your most recent work experience first. However, if you're new to real estate or have gaps in your employment history, you might consider using a functional or combination format.
2. Tailor your resume to the job listing
Read the job listing carefully and highlight the skills and qualifications that the employer is looking for. Then, make sure to emphasize those skills and qualifications in your resume.
3. Use keywords
Many employers use applicant tracking systems (ATS) to screen resumes. This means that your resume needs to contain the right keywords to get past the ATS and into the hands of a human recruiter. Research the specific keywords used in the real estate industry and incorporate them into your resume.
4. Highlight your achievements
Don't just list your job duties - highlight your achievements. If you increased sales or helped a client sell their property quickly, mention it in your resume.
5. Include numbers
Quantify your achievements by including numbers. For example, instead of saying "increased sales," say "increased sales by 15% in six months."
6. Emphasize your communication skills
Real estate agents need strong communication skills to build relationships with clients, negotiate deals, and network with others in the industry. Make sure to emphasize your communication skills in your resume.
7. Use action verbs
Use action verbs to start your bullet points. For example, instead of saying "responsible for," say "managed" or "oversaw."
Following these tips will help you craft a winning real estate agent resume that will get you noticed by employers.
Common Resume Writing Mistake
No Action Verbs
Not using action verbs can result in a flat and uninspiring resume. Begin your bullet points with strong action verbs to help illustrate your experience.