Highly skilled programmer analyst with extensive experience in developing and implementing software systems. Proficient in various programming languages and frameworks, with a strong focus on attention to detail and problem-solving abilities. Committed to continuous learning to keep up to date with the latest in technology.
- Frameworks: Spring, Hibernate, Django, Ruby on Rails, AngularJS
- Database Management: Oracle, MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server
- Tools: Eclipse, Visual Studio, GitHub, JIRA, Bitbucket
Senior Programmer Analyst
ABC Company | Jan 2015 - Present
- Develop and maintain software systems using Java and Spring framework.
- Design, develop and maintain web applications using AngularJS and Bootstrap.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and implement both front-end and back-end solutions.
- Provide technical support to team members throughout the development lifecycle.
DEF Company | May 2012 - Dec 2014
- Developed and executed batch jobs using C++ and Oracle database.
- Designed and implemented software solutions using Ruby on Rails and MySQL database.
- Collaborated with other teams to troubleshoot and resolve production issues.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
XYZ University | Sept 2008 - May 2012
The Basics of Writing Programmer Analyst Resumes
Programmer Analysts are professionals who combine their technical skills with business acumen to analyze, design, and create software solutions for businesses. Since their job requires both technical and business skills and experience, their resumes must showcase a balance of both.
- Customize your resume for each job application: It is essential to tailor your resume according to the job requirements. Highlight those skills and experience that match the job description, and remove those that do not.
- Use a professional formatting style: Use a simple, easy-to-read font and maintain consistency throughout your resume. Stick to black or dark grey text on a white background, if possible.
- Highlight your technical skills: Include a list of your technical skills such as programming languages, platforms, and tools. Emphasize those skills that are most relevant to the job.
- Showcase your experience: Describe your work experience in bullet points, highlighting your accomplishments, and the outcomes of your work rather than just the tasks you performed.
- Show your business acumen: Programmer Analysts are expected to have knowledge of business processes and requirements. Highlight any experience you have in working with business stakeholders or any business analysis experience you have.
- Include relevant certifications or courses: If you have any certifications or have taken any courses that are relevant to the job, include them in your resume.
- Proofread and edit: Before submitting your resume, edit and proofread it thoroughly. You do not want any typos, grammatical errors, or formatting mistakes to detract from your skills and experience.
By following these tips, you can create a compelling Programmer Analyst resume that highlights your technical skills and business experience, showcases your accomplishments, and demonstrates your fit for the job.
Poor Spelling of Company Names or Job Titles
Spelling mistakes, particularly of company names or job titles, can be viewed negatively by hiring managers. Always double-check for correct spelling.