A highly motivated Production Accountant with over 5 years of experience in the entertainment industry. Proven track record of successfully managing budgets, analyzing financial data, and collaborating with various teams to ensure projects are completed within budget and on time.
Media Group, Los Angeles, CA
Production Accountant, April 2018 - Present
- Analyze and interpret complex financial data for multiple film and television projects
- Collaborate with producers and line producers to develop and manage production budgets
- Create and maintain production cost reports and forecasts on a weekly basis
- Prepare and process weekly payroll for cast and crew
- Negotiate with vendors and perform cost analysis for services and goods
- Coordinate with tax credit consultants to maximize incentive benefits for productions
ABC Studios, Burbank, CA
Assistant Production Accountant, June 2015 - April 2018
- Managed accounts payable and receivable for multiple television projects
- Assisted in the preparation of production budgets and cost reports
- Processed weekly payroll for cast and crew
- Reconciled petty cash, credit card, and bank statements
- Assisted in legal and union compliance
A production accountant is responsible for managing and keeping track of the finances of a production. They ensure that financial records are accurate and in compliance with industry standards. To land a good production accountant job, you need to have a well-crafted resume that showcases your work experience, qualifications, and skills.
Below are tips that can guide you in writing a production accountant resume:
- Start with a strong opening statement: Use this space to introduce yourself and highlight your career objective. Be concise and clear about your qualifications, skills, and career aspirations. For example, "A detail-oriented and experienced production accountant with more than five years of experience in the industry, seeking to apply accounting knowledge and financial management skills to exceed organizational objectives."
- List your work experience: This is where your previous job experiences come in handy. List your work history in reverse-chronological order, mentioning job titles, companies, and dates you worked for each organization. Also, include the main responsibilities, achievements, and accomplishments for each job. For example, "Managed production budgets worth over $3 million, cutting expenses by 15%, resulting in a 10% increase in profit."
- Showcase your education: As a production accountant, having an accounting degree or certification is desirable. List your education history, including certifications you hold and any relevant accounting coursework. It is also essential to mention academic achievements and honours. For example, "Graduated with a Bachelor's degree in Accounting from XYZ University, with a 3.8 GPA, and hold a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification."
- Highlight your skills: Employers are always looking for people who have the skills needed to get the job done. Mention your most relevant skills, including accounting software, communication, and organizational skills. Make sure to use skills that are specific to the production accountant role— for example, "Proficient in Quickbooks, Sage, and Excel. Strong analytical skills, proactive planner, excellent verbal and written communication."
- Be sure to include any achievements: If you have achieved any awards, recognitions, or accolades in your career, list them under a separate section. It shows potential employers that you are competent in your job and acknowledges your efforts. For example, "Named best production accountant of the year by the National Film Association twice in a row."
- Proofread your document: Review your resume several times to ensure there are no grammatical errors, typos, or inconsistencies. Ask a friend or family member to review your resume and provide feedback. You can also use online tools for proofreading and a fresh perspective.
In conclusion, a production accountant resume is best crafted by highlighting relevant work experiences, educational qualifications and including any relevant skills and achievements. With these tips in mind, you should be able to craft the perfect production accountant resume that sets you apart and wins you the job.