123 Main Street • Anytown, USA 12345
(123) 456-7890 • [email protected]
To obtain a pipefitter job within a reputable company and use my extensive knowledge and experience to contribute to the success of the organization.
Education and Certification
- Associate of Applied Science in Pipe Fitting, Anytown Community College
- Journeyman Pipefitter Certification, Anytown Pipefitters Union
- OSHA 30-hour Construction Safety and Health Training
ABC Pipe Company, Anytown, USA
Pipefitter (2015 - Present)
- Install, maintain, and repair piping systems in commercial and industrial settings, including steam, water, and gas systems.
- Read blueprints and technical diagrams to determine the layout of pipe systems and identify the necessary materials and equipment.
- Cut, thread, and connect pipes using pipe cutters, saws, torches, and welding equipment.
- Inspect and test piping systems for leaks and other defects to ensure that they are up to code and functioning properly.
- Maintain accurate records of work performed, parts used, and time spent on each job to ensure proper billing and invoicing.
XYZ Industrial Services, Anytown, USA
Apprentice Pipefitter (2013 - 2015)
- Assisted journeyman pipefitters with the installation and repair of piping systems.
- Learned to read blueprints, technical diagrams, and other schematics.
- Operated and maintained power tools, hand tools, and other equipment.
- Assisted with inspections and testing of piping systems.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Proficient in the use of power tools and welding equipment
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to read and interpret technical diagrams and blueprints
A pipefitter is a skilled worker who is responsible for installing, assembling, and maintaining the piping systems that carry water, steam, and gas in residential and commercial buildings. If you're a pipefitter looking for a job, it is crucial to have an impressive resume that highlights your skills and experience. In this article, we'll take a look at how to write a pipefitter resume that gets you hired.
1. Start with a strong objective statement
Your objective statement should be a brief summary of your career goals and what you bring to the table. Here are some examples:
- To secure a pipefitter position in a dynamic and challenging environment
- To obtain a pipefitter position where I can utilize my skills and experience
- To work as a pipefitter in a company that encourages career growth and development
2. Highlight your skills
The skills section of your resume should be a bulleted list of your technical and soft skills. Here are some examples of skills you can include:
- Proficient in reading blueprints and mechanical drawings
- Installation of pipes, valves, and fittings in accordance with specifications and safety regulations
- Experience with various welding techniques, including TIG and MIG
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication and team collaboration
3. Detail your work experience
The work experience section is the most critical part of your resume. It shows potential employers the particular jobs you've held and how you've contributed to the company. When listing your work experience, include:
- Details of all the pipefitting work you've done, including the types of piping systems, the materials used, and the installation techniques
- The duration of your employment in each pipefitter position
- Specific projects you've worked on and any special contributions you made to their success
- Any certifications or licenses you possess
4. Education and training
The education section is where you list your academic qualifications, any diplomas, certifications, and training you've undertaken that is relevant to pipefitting, such as:
- Apprenticeships and training programs with a local union or trade school
- Associates degree or vocational school diploma in pipefitting or a related field
- Industry-specific certifications, such as the National Joint Apprenticeship and Training Committee (NJATC) Pipefitting Certification, or OSHA 10 and 30-hour safety cards
A well-written pipefitter resume is essential if you want to stand out from the crowd and land a job in today's competitive job market. By following the tips in this article, you'll be on your way to creating an outstanding resume that will allow you to showcase your skills and experience and make you a top candidate for your next pipefitter position. Good luck!