Objective: Seeking a challenging role as a Payroll Consultant to utilize my expertise in developing and implementing payroll policies, procedures, and best practices.
- Payroll Consultant, ABC Company
January 2019 - Present
- Developed and maintained payroll policies and procedures.
- Assisted with the implementation of a new payroll software system.
- Calculated and processed payroll for over 500 employees on a bi-weekly basis.
- Prepared and filed payroll taxes and reconciled payroll-related GL accounts.
- Payroll Manager, XYZ Organization
June 2016 - December 2018
- Oversaw a team of payroll specialists and managed the full-cycle payroll process for 2,000+ employees.
- Collaborated with HR and accounting departments to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
- Implemented a new time and attendance system, resulting in more accurate and efficient timekeeping.
- Created and presented payroll reports to upper management on a regular basis.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, University of XYZ
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP)
Skills: Strong attention to detail, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, knowledge of payroll software and systems, ability to work in a fast-paced environment, solid understanding of payroll laws and regulations.
Are you looking to apply for the position of a payroll consultant? Then you need a strong resume that will highlight your skills, experience, and knowledge in the field. Here is a guide on how to write a payroll consultant resume that will catch the attention of potential employers and get you the job.
- Start by including your personal information, such as your name, address, phone number, and email address. This information should be easy to read and at the top of your resume.
- If you have a LinkedIn profile or website that showcases your skills, include the links in this section as well.
- A summary statement is a brief introduction of yourself and your qualifications. It should be a maximum of three to four sentences long.
- Use this section to highlight your skills and experience in the payroll consulting field.
- In this section, list your skills that are relevant to the payroll consulting position you are applying for.
- You can divide your skills into two categories- technical and soft skills.
- Technical skills can include knowledge of payroll software, tax laws, and accounting principles. Soft skills can include communication skills, problem-solving abilities, and attention to detail.
- Your professional experience section should showcase your work history in the payroll consulting field.
- List your previous job positions, the companies you worked for, and the duration of each position.
- For each job position, list your responsibilities, achievements, and describe how you help the company with your skills and expertise.
Education and certifications
- List your academic achievements, including your highest degree and any relevant certifications.
- If you have attended any relevant conferences or workshops, include them in this section as well.
- Include the name of the institution, degree or certification earned, and the date it was completed.
A strong payroll consultant resume should highlight your skills, experience and qualifications to show potential employers how you can contribute to their company. Use these guidelines to create an impressive resume that will get you the job you want.