Experienced Mortgage Originator with strong expertise in the financial industry and a proven track record of implementing successful strategies and exceeding sales goals. Skilled in building relationships, analyzing financial data, and providing excellent customer service.
Mortgage Originator at ABC Bank
June 2018 - Present
- Provide customer service to potential home buyers and homeowners, offering mortgage options and process guidance
- Analyze financial data including income, credit history, and debt-to-income ratio to determine eligibility and mortgage options
- Develop and maintain relationships with real estate agents, attorneys, and other referral partners to drive new business
- Exceed monthly sales goals by 20% through providing excellent customer service and cross-selling of other bank products
Mortgage Loan Officer at XYZ Mortgage
April 2016 - June 2018
- Managed a pipeline of mortgage loans, ensuring timely and accurate processing of loan applications
- Counseled potential home buyers on different types of mortgage products, including conventional, FHA, VA, and USDA loans
- Collaborated with Real Estate Agents and Builders to deepen relationships and increase referrals
- Exceeded quarterly sales goals by 15% through systematic follow-up and provision of excellent customer service
Bachelor's Degree in Finance
ABC University, May 2016
- Strong understanding of mortgage products and loan guidelines
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to convey complex financial information in simple terms
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with strong time management and multi-tasking abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Encompass, and other mortgage loan origination software
- Certified Mortgage Planning Specialist (CMPS)
Unless it's a common term in your field, avoid using jargon or acronyms that the hiring manager may not understand. Stick to clear, plain language.
Being a Mortgage Originator is an exciting and challenging job. As the name implies, it is a job where the candidate has to originate mortgages for clients. The primary role of a Mortgage Originator is to guide and counsel the clients and help them select the best mortgage options. It is an excellent profession for people who have good communication and analytical skills, as well as a passion for finance and customer service.
Key Elements to include in your Mortgage Originator Resume:
- Contact Information - Full Name, Address, Phone Number, Email Address
- Objective - A brief statement that highlights what you want to do as a Mortgage Originator
- Summary - A summary of your skills and experience
- Education - A list of relevant degrees and certifications
- Work Experience - A list of previous mortgage-related jobs held, including job title, company, employment dates and bullet points outlining your responsibilities
- Skills - A list of relevant skills that make you a good candidate for the position; examples: Sales, Customer service, Communication, Analytical thinking
Resume Writing Tips for Mortgage Originator:
- Start with an impactful objective statement that entices the hiring manager to keep reading.
- Hone in on your skills. Make sure to emphasize the skills you possess that match the qualifications listed in the job description.
- Show off your experience. Focus on your work history and highlight your successes, including any awards or recognition you have received.
- Quantify your accomplishments. Use numbers that reflect your contributions to the company, such as increasing sales or improving customer satisfaction.
- Include relevant education and certifications. Listing relevant certifications, degrees, or specialized training will show that you have the necessary knowledge and skills for the role.
- Keep it concise and easy to read. A one-page resume is ideal and will be more memorable to the hiring manager.
In conclusion, crafting a strong Mortgage Originator resume is critical to landing the job. With the tips provided in this guide, you can create a compelling resume that highlights your skills and experience. Make sure to tailor your resume to each job position you apply for, and keep it concise and attention-grabbing. Good luck with your job search!