A dedicated and experienced mortgage banker with over eight years of exceptional work in the mortgage industry. High proficiency in analyzing client financial information, determining loan documentation, and processing loans in a timely and efficient manner. An excellent track record of establishing strong relationships with clients, colleagues, and business partners.
Mortgage Banker, ABC Bank
July 2016 - Current
- Originate and manage residential mortgage loans through the loan process, from initial conversation to loan closing.
- Analyze borrowers' financial profiles to determine eligibility and to recommend the product that best fits their individual needs.
- Adhere to specific compliance and regulatory guidelines as set forth by the bank and other regulatory agencies.
- Cross-sell other bank products to meet client needs, including home equity, deposits, and insurance.
Mortgage Banker, XYZ Bank
January 2014 - June 2016
- Generated new business through referrals and cold-calling, establishing a strong pipeline of applicants to exceed monthly sales goals.
- Developed and nurtured relationships with real estate agents, builders, and developers to source new business opportunities.
- Provided exceptional customer service to clients, guiding them through the loan application, approval, and closing processes.
- Collaborated with internal teams, including processing and underwriting, to ensure timely loan processing and closing.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, XYZ University
- NMLS License, State of California
References available upon request.
If you are interested in becoming a Mortgage Banker, or if you are looking to update your resume, then you are in the right place. Writing a Mortgage Banker resume can be difficult, but with the right guidance, you can create a resume that catches the attention of potential employers and gets you one step closer to your dream job.
Step 1: Begin with the Basics
- The first section of your Mortgage Banker resume should include your name, contact information, and location.
- List your job title as “Mortgage Banker” or “Mortgage Loan Officer”.
- Include a professional summary that highlights your experience and skills. Start with a strong statement that summarizes your career objectives and value proposition.
Step 2: Highlight Your Skills
- Create a section that lists your skills and qualifications.
- Include relevant skills such as loan processing, underwriting, documentation, communication, and customer service.
- Use bullet points to make your skills stand out and to increase readability.
Step 3: List Your Work Experience
- Highlight your most recent job first, and then work backwards in chronological order.
- List the name of the company, your job title, and the dates of your employment.
- Provide a brief description of your duties and accomplishments in each position, highlighting your achievements in a quantifiable and measurable way. Use numbers and statistics to show your success.
Step 4: Include Your Education and Certifications
- List your educational background, including the name of the school, degree earned, and date of graduation.
- Include any certifications or licenses relevant to your industry, such as the NMLS License or a state mortgage loan originator license.
Step 5: Show Off Your Achievements and Awards
- List any significant achievements or awards that you have earned over the course of your career.
- This could include any sales or production awards, recognition for customer service, or awards for leadership and teamwork.
Writing a Mortgage Banker resume is all about showcasing your experience, skills, and achievements in the best possible way. By following the above steps, you will be able to create a resume that stands out from the crowd and catches the attention of potential employers.
Including Too Much Personal Information
Details like age, marital status, religion, or other personal information do not belong on a resume. Including them may open the door for potential discrimination, and they're not relevant to your qualifications.