1234 Main Street | Anytown, USA 12345
(123) 456-7890 | [email protected]
- To obtain a Medical Billing Clerk position where I can utilize my knowledge and skills to support healthcare professionals in providing quality care to patients.
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration, XYZ University, Anytown, USA – Graduated May 20XX
- Proficient in medical terminology and billing codes, including CPT and ICD-10.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy when inputting patient information and billing data.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact with patients, healthcare providers, and insurance companies.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and adhere to HIPAA regulations when handling sensitive patient information.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and medical billing software, such as Epic and Meditech.
- Medical Billing Clerk, ABC Healthcare Services, Anytown, USA - 20XX to Present
- Verify patient information and insurance coverage for accuracy and completeness.
- Review and submit claims to insurance companies for reimbursement.
- Follow up on denied claims and resubmit as necessary.
- Communicate with patients regarding their billing statements and answer any questions they may have.
- Maintain accurate records and files of billing information.
- Medical Records Clerk, XYZ Healthcare Services, Anytown, USA - 20XX to 20XX
- Managed and maintained patient medical records, including updating and scanning documents.
- Assisted with preparing charts for patient appointments and procedures.
- Answered phone calls and directed inquiries to the appropriate healthcare provider or department.
- Handled incoming and outgoing mail and faxes.
- Supported other administrative functions as needed.
If you're considering a career as a medical billing clerk, it's important to create a strong resume highlighting your skills and experience in the field. A medical billing clerk's responsibilities include processing insurance claims, reviewing and verifying medical bills, and maintaining patient records.
Key skills to include in your resume
- Attention to detail: Accuracy is crucial in medical billing to avoid errors and ensure insurance claims are processed correctly.
- Knowledge of medical coding: A strong understanding of medical terminology and codes is essential to accurately process bills and claims.
- Communication skills: Medical billing clerks often interact with patients, healthcare providers, and insurance companies, so strong verbal and written communication skills are important.
- Problem-solving abilities: Medical billing clerks should be able to identify and resolve issues with claims or payments.
- Computer proficiency: Most medical billing involves using specialized software, so knowledge of industry-specific technology is a must.
Formatting your resume
- Use a clear and easy-to-read font, such as Arial or Times New Roman, in 10-12pt size.
- Bullet points are your friend - use them to break up text and emphasize key skills and experiences.
- It's important to focus on your most recent work experience and highlight your achievements in each role. Be specific about your responsibilities and notable accomplishments.
- Include your education and any certifications in the field.
- Proofread your resume carefully for spelling and grammatical errors.
Here's an example of a well-formatted medical billing clerk resume:
- Name: Jane Doe
- Contact information: phone number, email address
- Summary: Detail-oriented and organized medical billing clerk with X years of experience in the field. Strong knowledge of medical coding and billing software. Exceptional communication skills and track record of successful problem-solving.
- ABC Medical Center, Medical Billing Clerk, 2018-present
- Process and review insurance claims for accuracy and compliance
- Communicate with healthcare providers and insurance companies to resolve billing issues
- Verify patient insurance coverage and assist in authorization processes
- Increase efficiency of billing processes by X%
- DEF Hospital, Medical Billing Clerk, 2014-2018
- Managed billing and insurance claim process for inpatient and outpatient services
- Created and maintained patient records and ensured HIPAA compliance
- Provided excellent customer service to patients and insurance providers
- Trained new employees on medical billing software and processes
- Bachelor's degree in Health Information Management, XYZ University, 2014
- Certified Professional Biller (CPB) certification, AAPC, 2015
Remember, your resume should demonstrate your relevant skills and experience, as well as your commitment to accuracy and attention to detail. By following these tips and guidelines, you'll be on your way to crafting a compelling medical billing clerk resume.
Including Too Much Personal Information
Details like age, marital status, religion, or other personal information do not belong on a resume. Including them may open the door for potential discrimination, and they're not relevant to your qualifications.