A dedicated and detail-oriented Manual Tester with 5+ years of experience in testing web applications, mobile applications, and desktop software.
Manual Tester at ABC Software (2018-2021)
- Conducted manual testing of web-based applications and desktop software for a variety of clients.
- Closely collaborated with developers, project managers, and clients to ensure that software met all requirements and specifications.
- Developed and executed test cases, test plans, and test scripts to ensure software functionality and usability.
- Assisted in the identification and documentation of software bugs and issues, utilizing bug tracking tools to ensure accurate documentation and communication of issues to development teams.
- Provided regular status updates and reports to project managers and clients, ensuring that all stakeholders were informed about project progress and testing results.
Junior Manual Tester at DEF Software (2016-2018)
- Assisted in the manual testing of web-based applications and mobile applications for clients in a variety of industries.
- Performed functional testing, usability testing, and regression testing of software to ensure that it met all requirements and specifications.
- Developed and maintained test cases, test plans, and test scripts to ensure thorough testing of software.
- Assisted in the identification and documentation of software bugs and issues, utilizing bug tracking tools to ensure that all issues were accurately documented and communicated to development teams.
- Provided regular status updates to project managers, helping to ensure that project timelines and deliverables were met.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to identify software issues quickly and accurately
- Strong knowledge of software testing methodologies, including manual testing and automated testing
- Knowledge of bug tracking tools such as JIRA, Bugzilla, and Redmine
- Ability to work closely with development teams, project managers, and clients to ensure software meets all requirements and specifications
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with experience working in both individual and team settings
Overall, my experience and skills make me a strong candidate for any Manual Tester position, and I am excited about the opportunity to contribute to a team that values high-quality software and excellent communication.
Include Contact Information
Always include current contact information. Make sure employers have a way to reach you, whether it's by phone, email, or a professional networking site.
Manual testing is one of the most important aspects of software development, and if you have experience as a manual tester, then you need to create a resume that showcases your skills and experiences in the best possible way. This article provides some tips on how to write a manual tester resume that will help you stand out from the crowd.
Tips for Writing a Manual Tester Resume
- Start with a strong summary statement that summarizes your experience as a manual tester. This statement should be concise and should highlight your most important skills and experiences.
- List your work experience in reverse chronological order, starting with your most recent job first.
- Include your job title, company name, location, and dates of employment for each job.
- Provide a detailed description of your responsibilities and achievements in each job. Use bullet points to make this information easy to read.
- Highlight your technical skills, such as your knowledge of testing tools and methods, programming languages, databases, and operating systems.
- Include any relevant certifications or training programs that you have completed.
- Showcase your teamwork and communication skills by describing how you have collaborated with developers, product managers, and other stakeholders in your previous jobs.
- Use action-oriented verbs and phrases to describe your achievements and responsibilities.
- Focus on the results that you have achieved in your work, such as improvements in software quality, cost savings, or increases in productivity.
- Make sure your resume is well-formatted and error-free, with consistent font sizes and spacing.
- Finally, be honest and accurate about your skills and experience. Don't exaggerate your qualifications, as this can lead to disappointment and frustration for both you and potential employers.
A manual tester resume should showcase your skills, experience, and achievements in the best possible way. By following these tips, you can create a resume that will grab the attention of potential employers and help you land your dream job in the software development industry.