Experienced library clerk with excellent organizational and customer service skills. Proficient in cataloging, circulation, and reference services. Adept at using library software and online databases.
City Public Library, Anytown, USA
September 2017 - Present
- Assist patrons in locating and checking out library materials.
- Create and maintain accurate records of library materials using the library software.
- Provide research assistance and reference services to patrons using online databases and other resources.
- Manage interlibrary loan requests and maintain records of materials borrowed and lent.
- Create displays and bibliographies to promote library materials and programs.
County Library System, Somewhere, USA
June 2015 - August 2017
- Assisted patrons with circulation, reference, and technology services.
- Shelved library materials and maintained order in the stacks.
- Assisted with programming and outreach initiatives.
- Performed routine maintenance on library equipment.
- Proficient in using library software and online databases
- Excellent customer service skills
- Accurate and detailed-oriented
- Strong organizational and communication skills
A Library Clerk is responsible for performing various clerical duties in a library setting. These duties include assisting customers with finding materials, cataloging new acquisitions and maintaining records. To become a successful Library Clerk, you need to create a resume that showcases your skills, experience, and expertise in the field.
Guide on how to write a Library Clerk Resume:
- Start with a strong header:
- Your name and contact details should be clear and easy to read.
- Aim for a clear career objective:
- Your objective should be tailored to the job you're applying for. It needs to be concise and to the point.
- Ensure that it aligns with the company’s values, goals and work culture.
- Hone in on your previous experience:
- Provide details of your previous work experience, highlighting the most important aspects of each job you have held.
- Showcase any successes you've had in past roles, including specific accomplishments.
- Quantify your achievements (e.g. “Increased customer satisfaction ratings by 15% over six months”).
- List your education:
- Resumes for Library Clerks don't necessarily require a degree, but it's worth including any relevant educational qualifications.
- List any certifications or professional associations that might be relevant.
- List your skills:
- The skills required for this job can vary - including organization, data entry and, of course, familiarity with library systems.
- Some other desirable skills include attention to detail, customer service, and the ability to work independently.
- Wrap it up neatly:
- Spend time formatting your resume in a way that is easy to read and looks professional.
- Use appropriate headings and bullet points, and avoid long paragraphs of text.
- Ensure correct spelling and grammar.
By following these tips, you'll be able to create a resume that stands out from the crowd and helps you land the Library Clerk job of your dreams.