Dedicated and detail-oriented Intake Specialist with 5 years of experience in managing client intake and case management procedures. Skilled in assessing client needs, providing information about services, and ensuring compliance with program regulations. Adept at multitasking and managing high-volume caseloads to provide excellent customer service.
ABC Social Services, New York, NY (2017-Present)
- Conduct initial intakes for new clients, assess client needs, and determine their eligibility for services.
- Provide information about available services and programs, and answer client questions about program requirements and eligibility criteria.
- Ensure compliance with program regulations and policies, and maintain accurate and up-to-date client records.
- Coordinate with internal departments and external agencies to refer clients to appropriate services and programs.
- Manage a high-volume caseload, prioritize tasks, and collaborate with team members to ensure timely delivery of services.
XYZ Clinic, Boston, MA (2015-2017)
- Oversaw all aspects of client intake and case management for a busy medical clinic.
- Managed a team of intake specialists, provided training and support, and ensured that all team members adhered to program policies and procedures.
- Conducted initial intakes for new clients, assessed their needs, and determined their eligibility for medical services.
- Managed a complex caseload, prioritized tasks, and coordinated services with internal departments and external agencies to meet client needs.
- Maintained accurate and up-to-date client records, and ensured compliance with program regulations and HIPAA privacy requirements.
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Work, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA
- Master of Social Work, Boston University, Boston, MA
Intake specialists are responsible for receiving, assessing, and processing the details of new clients or customers. They are a fundamental part of the administrative team, which helps facilitate smooth and efficient client communication. If you are interested in applying for the role of an Intake Specialist, this article will guide you through the process of crafting a professional, well-written resume.
Step 1: Start with a Clear Header
- Include your name, address, phone number and email address at the top of your resume.
- Ensure that your name is the largest font on the page and stands out.
Step 2: Write Your Professional Summary
- Your professional summary should be a brief but impactful statement about your experience, skills and what you can offer to the company.
- Make sure to highlight any significant achievements in your summary.
- Keep it concise – the ideal length for a professional summary is 3-4 sentences.
Step 3: List Your Work History
- Begin with your most recent job and work backward.
- For each job, include the job title, the company name, employment dates, and your responsibilities and achievements.
- Use bullet points to make your experience easy to read.
- Quantify your achievements with numbers wherever possible. For example, "increased client satisfaction by 20%".
Step 4: Highlight Your Education and Skills
- List your highest level of education, as well as any relevant certifications or courses you have completed.
- Showcase your relevant skills by listing them in bullet points.
- You may include both hard skills, such as software proficiency, and soft skills, such as strong communication and organizational abilities.
Step 5: Review and Edit Your Resume
- Proofread your resume to ensure that there are no spelling or grammar mistakes.
- Check that your formatting is consistent throughout.
- Ask friends or colleagues to review your resume to receive feedback and make improvements.
- Ensure your resume is easy to read and well-organized.
As an Intake Specialist, your resume should demonstrate your ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Make sure to put your best foot forward by highlighting your relevant work experience and education level. By following these five easy steps, you can craft a resume that showcases your skills and experience and makes you stand out as an ideal candidate for the position of an Intake Specialist.