1234 Main Street, Anytown USA | 555-555-1212 | [email protected]
- Experienced In House Counsel with expertise in contract negotiation and drafting, risk management, and litigation management.
- Skilled in providing legal advice and counsel to upper management and key stakeholders.
- Strong communicator and team player with a proven track record of achieving successful outcomes in high-pressure environments.
ABC Corporation – In House Counsel, Anytown USA – 2015 to present
- Negotiate and draft complex commercial contracts, including vendor agreements, licensing agreements, and employment agreements.
- Advise senior management on a wide range of legal issues, including corporate governance, regulatory compliance, and risk management.
- Manage litigation matters from inception to resolution, including overseeing outside counsel and conducting settlement negotiations.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure compliance with federal and state laws and regulations.
XYZ Company – Associate Attorney, Anytown USA – 2012 to 2015
- Represented clients in civil litigation matters, including business disputes, employment disputes, and personal injury cases.
- Drafted pleadings, motions, and discovery requests, and conducted depositions and hearings.
- Negotiated settlements and mediated disputes on behalf of clients.
- Provided legal advice and counsel to clients on a variety of matters, including contract negotiations and regulatory compliance.
Law School – J.D., Anytown Law School, 2012
- Editor, Law Review
- Recipient of the Dean’s Merit Scholarship
Undergraduate – B.A. in Political Science, Anytown University, 2009
- Summa Cum Laude
- Member, Political Science Honors Society
Include Contact Information
Always include current contact information. Make sure employers have a way to reach you, whether it's by phone, email, or a professional networking site.
If you're an In House Counsel looking for a new job or seeking to advance your career, it's essential to have a well-written resume highlighting your skills, achievements, and experience. Your resume is your opportunity to showcase yourself and demonstrate to the hiring manager why you're the best fit for the job. In this article, we'll provide you with some helpful tips on how to write an effective In House Counsel resume.
Step 1: Format your resume
- Use a simple and professional format.
- Set margins to at least 1-inch on all sides.
- Use a professional font such as Times New Roman, Arial or Calibri.
- Make sure your font size is between 10-12 point.
- Include your name, contact information, and a professional title at the top of the resume.
Step 2: Highlight your experience
- List your work experience in reverse chronological order, starting with your most recent job.
- Focus on your achievements and highlight your accomplishments rather than simply listing your job responsibilities.
- If applicable, mention any notable cases you've worked on and the outcomes of those cases.
Step 3: Showcase your education and training
- List your education and any relevant training.
- Mention any certifications or licenses you hold that may be relevant to the job.
Step 4: Highlight your skills
- List any special skills you possess, such as experience in a particular area of law or fluency in a foreign language.
- Highlight your ability to work under pressure, manage competing priorities and achieve goals.
Step 5: Include keywords relevant to the job
- Review the job description and include relevant keywords in your resume.
- Use keywords that describe your skills, experience, and achievements to help your resume stand out from others.
Step 6: Proofread your resume
- Proofread your resume for spelling and grammatical errors.
- Ensure that your resume is well-organized and easy to read.
- Ask a colleague or friend to review your resume to ensure it's error-free and properly highlights your abilities.
By following the steps above, you can create a professional and well-written In House Counsel resume that will capture the attention of hiring managers and make you stand out from the crowd. Remember to showcase your skills, achievements, and experience, and customize your resume to the job you're applying for. Good luck!