Writing a high school student resume can seem daunting, but it doesn't have to be. Here are some tips to help you create a resume that will help you stand out to potential employers.
- Start with a clear objective. This is a short statement that tells potential employers what you're looking for and what you have to offer.
- Use a professional format. Your resume should be easy to read and visually appealing. Use bullet points and clear headings to make it easy to scan.
- Highlight your education. List your high school and any relevant coursework, such as honors classes or special projects.
- Include any relevant experience. This can include work experience, volunteer work, internships, or extracurricular activities. Be sure to include the name of the organization, your role, and the dates you were involved.
- Include any relevant skills. This can include languages spoken, computer skills, or certifications.
- Keep it concise. Your resume should be no more than one page.
- Proofread, proofread, proofread! Make sure there are no spelling or grammar errors.
By following these tips, you can create a high school student resume that will help you stand out to potential employers and land the job you want.
Remember to keep your resume updated, and tailor it to the job you are applying for. With a well-crafted resume, you will be well on your way to a successful career.
Name: John Doe
Objective: To obtain a part-time job in the retail industry while still in high school to gain valuable experience and skills.
- Anytown High School, Anytown USA (Expected graduation date: May 2023)
- GPA: 3.8
- Relevant coursework: Business Studies, Marketing, and Economics
- Sales Associate, Anytown Mall (June 2022- Present)
- Assisted customers with purchases and returns
- Maintained store appearance and assisted with inventory
- Consistently met or exceeded sales goals
- Volunteer, Anytown Food Bank (July 2021- Present)
- Helped with food distribution and assisted in organizing and stocking shelves
- Communicated effectively with staff and clients
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Bilingual: Fluent in English and Spanish
References available upon request.