A dedicated and experienced guidance counselor with expertise in student development and facilitating successful transitions to higher education or the workforce. Empathetic and intuitive, with a solid track record of supporting students in achieving their academic and personal goals.
- Guidance Counselor, XYZ High School, Anytown, USA (2015-present)
- Provide individual and group counseling sessions to students in grades 9-12, focusing on academic achievement, career exploration, and personal development.
- Collaborate with teachers and staff to identify and support students who may be at risk of academic or behavioral challenges.
- Organize and facilitate college and career readiness workshops, including college essay writing, financial aid, and career exploration.
- Career Counselor, ABC Community College, Anytown, USA (2012-2015)
- Assisted students in exploring and identifying career goals, providing guidance on educational requirements and job market trends.
- Created and maintained partnerships with local employers to provide internships, job shadowing, and networking opportunities for students.
- Conducted workshops on resume writing, interview skills, and job search strategies.
- College Advisor, DEF College, Somewhere, USA (2010-2012)
- Advised and supported first-year and transfer students in navigating the college experience.
- Provided guidance on academic planning, course selection, and degree requirements.
- Helped students navigate the financial aid process and identify scholarships and other funding opportunities.
- Master of Education in Guidance and Counseling, GHI University, Anywhere, USA (2009-2011)
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, JKL College, Everywhere, USA (2005-2009)
References available upon request.
A guidance counselor plays an important role in guiding students towards their career goals and personal growth. If you are aspiring to become a guidance counselor, it is essential to create a strong resume.
How to Write Guidance Counselor Resume:
- Header: Begin your resume with your name, contact information, and professional summary.
- Professional Summary: Write a one to two line summary highlighting your experience, skills, and career goal.
- Education: Mention your academic qualifications, including your degree, school, and graduation date. List any relevant coursework or certifications.
- Work Experience: Highlight your relevant work experience, including dates, job titles, and job description. Emphasize your achievements and accomplishments.
- Skills: Mention any relevant skills such as counseling, communication, problem-solving, critical thinking, and leadership.
- Awards and Achievements: Include any awards or recognition you have received for your work in the field.
- Volunteer Work: Mention any relevant volunteer experience related to counseling or working with students.
- References: List two to three professional references with their contact information.
Tips for Writing Guidance Counselor Resume:
- Use a clean and professional format that is easy to read.
- Highlight your relevant work experience and achievements.
- Mention any relevant skills, certifications, and coursework.
- Include any awards or recognition you have received.
- List any volunteer experience related to counseling or working with students.
- Proofread your resume for any grammatical mistakes or typos.
Creating a compelling resume will help you stand out in the competitive job market. Use these tips to write an effective guidance counselor resume that highlights your skills and experiences. Good luck!