Highly skilled and motivated Guest Services Manager with over 5 years of experience in the hospitality industry. Proficient in managing operations, supervising staff, and ensuring customer satisfaction. Dedicated to providing exceptional guest experiences that exceed expectations.
Guest Services Manager
The Ritz-Carlton, New York
June 2019 - Present
- Lead a team of 10 guest services agents in providing exceptional service to guests
- Oversee daily operations of the guest services department, including managing reservations, handling guest complaints, and coordinating with other departments
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures to enhance efficiency and guest satisfaction
- Maintain a high level of product knowledge to be able to answer questions and provide recommendations to guests
Assistant Guest Services Manager
Four Seasons Hotel, Boston
January 2017 - June 2019
- Assisted the Guest Services Manager in managing daily operations of the guest services department
- Supervised a team of 6 guest services agents and provided training and coaching
- Handled guest complaints and provided solutions to ensure guest satisfaction
- Developed and implemented a new check-in process that reduced wait times by 50%
Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management
September 2011 - May 2015
- Graduated with honors
- Completed coursework in hospitality operations, financial management, and marketing
- Participated in a summer internship program at a luxury resort in Hawaii
Leadership, communication, problem-solving, customer service, time management, team building, Microsoft Office, Opera, Salesforce
When applying for a Guest Services Manager position, crafting a strong resume is crucial. Here are some tips to help you write a winning one:
1. Tailor your resume to the job description
Carefully read the job posting and make sure to incorporate key skills and qualifications mentioned in it into your resume. This will show the hiring manager that you are a strong match for the position.
2. Highlight your experience in the hospitality industry
Guest Services Manager positions typically require a background in the hospitality industry, so make sure to showcase any relevant experience you have. This includes previous experience in hotel or restaurant management, customer service, and event planning.
- List your previous job titles, companies, and dates of employment
- Include a brief description of your responsibilities in each role
- Quantify your achievements with facts and figures whenever possible (e.g. "Increased customer satisfaction ratings by 15%")
3. Emphasize your communication and leadership skills
As a Guest Services Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team and interacting with guests on a regular basis. Highlight your communication and leadership skills, including your ability to motivate and mentor others, problem-solve, and create a positive work environment.
- Showcase any leadership roles you have held in previous positions, such as managing a team or overseeing a project
- Mention any awards or recognition you have received for your leadership or communication skills
4. Include relevant education and certifications
While experience is often the most important factor in hiring for Guest Services Manager positions, having relevant education and certifications can also be beneficial. Include any degrees, diplomas, or certificates you have earned, as well as any relevant training or professional development courses you have completed.
- List the name of the institution, degree or certification earned, and date of completion
- Include any relevant coursework or specializations
- Mention any professional organizations you belong to or any relevant certifications you hold (e.g. Certified Hospitality Manager)
By following these tips and tailoring your resume to the specific job, you can increase your chances of standing out to hiring managers and landing a Guest Services Manager role.