Freelance Writer Resume Sample
I am an experienced freelance writer with a passion for crafting compelling and effective content for a variety of industries. With a versatile writing style and impeccable attention to detail, I have helped numerous clients engage their target audience and achieve their marketing goals.
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Interviewing and research abilities
- Understanding of SEO practices
- Ability to meet deadlines and work independently
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Freelance Writer (2015-present)
As a freelance writer, I have worked with a diverse range of clients across various industries. My responsibilities include:
- Researching and developing high-quality content for blog posts, articles, social media, and other marketing materials
- Collaborating with clients to understand their brand voice and target audience
- Proofreading and editing content to ensure accuracy and consistency
- Meeting project deadlines and communicating effectively with clients
Content Writer, ABC Company (2012-2015)
At ABC Company, I was responsible for creating compelling content for the company website and marketing materials. My responsibilities included:
- Conducting interviews and research to develop content that highlights the company's products and services
- Collaborating with the marketing team to develop targeted content that aligns with the company's brand voice and marketing goals
- Working with design and development teams to ensure that content is properly optimized for both SEO and user experience
Bachelor of Arts in English, XYZ University
Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing, University of ABC
Use Bullet Points
Long blocks of text can be off-putting. Use bullet points to break up your experiences and make it easy for employers to scan your resume.
Freelance Writer Resume Writing Guide
Writing a freelance writer resume can be intimidating, but it doesn't have to be. With the right guidance, you can craft a compelling resume that showcases your skills and experience. Here's how to get started.
1. Start with a strong summary
Your resume summary is the first thing potential employers will see, so make it count. Use this section to introduce yourself, highlight your skills, and explain what makes you unique. Keep it brief — no more than a few sentences.
2. Focus on relevant experience
When it comes to your work experience, be selective. List only the jobs that are relevant to the freelance writing work you want to do. For each position, include your title, the name of the company or client, and the dates you worked there. Then, use bullet points to describe your responsibilities and accomplishments.
3. Highlight your skills
Under a skills section, list your writing skills and any other talents that set you apart from the competition. This could include knowledge of specific software, editing abilities, or niche expertise.
4. Show, don’t tell
Rather than making broad claims about your abilities, give specific examples of your work. If you’ve written for publications or clients, include samples of your work or links to your portfolio.
5. Keep it organized
Your resume should be easy to read and organized. Use bullet points, headers, and white space to break up text and make important information stand out.
Remember, your freelance writer resume is your chance to make a strong first impression. By highlighting your relevant experience and skills, you’ll make it easy for potential clients to see why you’re the perfect fit for their project.
Common Resume Writing Mistake
Including Too Much Personal Information
Details like age, marital status, religion, or other personal information do not belong on a resume. Including them may open the door for potential discrimination, and they're not relevant to your qualifications.