Freelance Copywriter Resume Sample
I am a passionate and creative Freelance Copywriter with over 5 years of experience crafting compelling content for a variety of clients across multiple industries.
Copywriter, XYZ Agency
June 2018 - Present
- Write copy for websites, email campaigns, social media ads, and print materials
- Collaborate with design and creative teams to develop effective advertising campaigns
- Research and analyze target audience demographics and behaviors to write tailored messaging
Copywriter, ABC Company
January 2016 - May 2018
- Developed content strategy and wrote blog articles, whitepapers, and case studies
- Managed social media accounts, creating posts and engaging with followers
- Leveraged SEO tactics to increase website traffic and search engine rankings
- Strong writing and editing skills, with attention to grammar and style
- Experience with SEO and knowledge of current digital marketing trends
- Ability to tailor messaging to specific target audiences
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Docs, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work in a team
Use Numbers and Metrics
Employers value concrete evidence of your skills and accomplishments. Include data, metrics, or specific numbers to quantify your achievements when possible.
Freelance Copywriter Resume Writing Guide
Writing a Freelance Copywriter Resume
If you're looking to land your dream freelance copywriting gig, a well-written resume is the first step. Here are some tips to ensure your resume is polished and professional.
1. Choose the Right Format
Your resume needs to communicate your experience and skills clearly and concisely. Choose a standard format that's easy to read and follow, like a chronological resume. Use bullet points to highlight your achievements and relevant experience.
2. Tailor Your Resume
Every job application is different, so it's essential to tailor your resume to the specific job you're applying for. Read the job description carefully and ensure that your experience and skills align with the requirements. Use keywords from the job description to help your resume stand out to hiring managers.
3. Highlight Your Achievements
Don't just list your job duties on your resume. Instead, focus on your achievements. Highlight your successful campaigns and projects, and include any awards or recognition you've received for your work.
4. Showcase Your Writing Skills
As a copywriter, your writing skills are essential. Make sure your resume demonstrates your ability to write engaging, persuasive copy. Use clear, concise language and avoid jargon or technical terms that may confuse non-industry professionals.
5. Include Up-to-Date Contact Information
Make it easy for potential clients to contact you by including up-to-date contact information on your resume. Include your full name, email address, phone number, website (if applicable), and LinkedIn profile.
By following these tips, you'll be well on your way to crafting a winning freelance copywriter resume that showcases your skills and experience to clients and hiring managers alike. Good luck!
Common Resume Writing Mistake
Ignoring Gaps in Employment
Unexplained employment gaps can raise red flags for employers. Be sure to explain these gaps in a cover letter or during the interview process.