Experienced fence installer with over 5 years of experience in installing various types of fences. Proficient in using various tools and techniques to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Proficient in using hand and power tools
- Expert in reading blueprints and layouts
- Able to work independently and in a team environment
- Knowledgeable in safety procedures and protocols
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
Fence Installer (2018 - Present)
- Installed various types of fences including wood, chain-link and vinyl
- Measured and marked property lines according to blueprints and layouts
- Operated power tools to cut and assemble fence components
- Ensured proper installation of gates and hardware
- Communicated with customers to address any concerns or questions
- Maintained a safe work environment by adhering to safety protocols and procedures
Fence Installer (2015 - 2018)
- Installed and removed fences as per customer requirements
- Performed routine maintenance on installed fences
- Maintained an organized inventory of supplies and materials
- Assisted in the design and layout of new fence installation projects
- Worked with team members to ensure timely completion of projects
Trades Training Institute
Certificate in Fence Installation (2014)
A fence installer plays a vital role in constructing a property's boundary. A fence installer can work in both commercial and residential sectors, providing their services for clients such as construction companies or homeowners. This article will guide you on how to prepare an outstanding fence installer's resume that would help you secure this job.
While preparing a fence installer's resume, you need to decide on several aspects related to the format, including resume type, font size and type, margin size, and resume length. Let's look at the three main types of resumes:
Chronological resumes focus keenly on your job history, duties, and responsibilities gained over time. On the other hand, functional resumes focus on your skills, critical achievements and qualifications attained throughout your working experiences. Similarly, a combination resume mixes both aspects present in a chronological and functional resume. When it comes to your font size, it should not be less than 11-point font, and your margin size between your ideal line spacing should range between 1 to 1.15.
Your fence installer's resume content should include the necessary competencies, qualifications, experience, education, and any other additional skill sets that the employer requires from you. Let's explore in detail these necessary skills:
- Work Experience: Including your professional work history helps the employer have an idea of your familiarity with the profession.
- Safety Standards: since working as a fence installer is often considered to be a dangerous profession, having your knowledge of the safety standards, and how to adhere to them in your resume would significantly boost your chances.
- Physical Stamina: This job requires physical fitness, and you should demonstrate your ability to handle such exertion on your resume.
- Time Management Skills: Your resume should display your ability to balance time, have excellent project management skills, and work within a tight schedule.
- Communication Skills: This sector often involves communicating with clients, project managers, and fellow employees. Your resume should demonstrate your ability to be an excellent communicator.
- Attention to Detail: Being able to work with precision and focus on the smallest details is essential for this job.
- Knowledge of Tools and Equipment: As a fence installer, having knowledge of the various machinery and tools used would make you stand out during the hiring process.
Before submitting your resume, remember the following tips:
- Proofread it: Check your spelling and grammatical errors and ensure everything is accurate and truthful
- Keep it concise: Stick to one to two pages
- Customize your resume: Customize your resume to fit the employer's requirements for the position
- Add keywords specific to the job: By adding job-specific keywords indicated in the employer's job post, your resume becomes optimized and increases your chances of being hired, and
- Use bullet points: They make your resume look clean and easy to read
Following the guidelines above will significantly increase your chances of being hired as a fence installer. All the best in your job hunt!