Division Order Analysts are responsible for evaluating and analyzing lease and well ownership to ensure proper distribution of royalties. They work with landowners, mineral rights owners, and lease operators to develop and maintain accurate division of interest records. In this article, we will provide tips on creating a compelling Division Order Analyst resume for job seekers.
Tips for Writing Division Order Analyst Resume
- Summary: Begin your resume with a compelling summary statement that highlights your skills, experience, and achievements. This statement should be tailored to the Division Order Analyst role you are applying for, and should be no more than two to three sentences.
- Core Skills: List your core skills that align with the Division Order Analyst role. This can include skills such as data analysis, mineral ownership, lease interpretation, and contract negotiation.
- Work Experience: Highlight your work experience that demonstrates your ability to perform the duties of a Division Order Analyst. Be sure to include job titles, dates of employment, and key responsibilities and achievements. Quantify your achievements where possible, using numbers and percentages.
- Education: Include your educational background including any relevant degrees, certifications, or licenses.
- Awards and Honors: If you have received awards or honors for your work in the Division Order Analyst role, be sure to include them on your resume.
- Professional Memberships: If you belong to any professional organizations related to the Division Order Analyst role, list them on your resume.
- References: Do not include references on your resume, but have them readily available upon request.
Sample Division Order Analyst Resume
Below is a sample Division Order Analyst resume that incorporates the tips above to create a compelling document that catches the attention of hiring managers:
- Summary: Highly skilled and experienced Division Order Analyst with a proven track record of accurately evaluating and analyzing lease and well ownership. Skilled in data analysis, mineral ownership, lease interpretation, and contract negotiation.
- Core Skills: Mineral Ownership, Contract Negotiation, Data Analysis, Lease Interpretation, Reporting and Analytics, Oil and Gas Royalties, Title Curative
- Work Experience:
- Division Order Analyst, ABC Oil Company, Houston, TX (2015 - Present): Responsible for evaluating and analyzing lease and well ownership records to ensure proper distribution of royalties. Accurately interpret and analyze ownership and lease agreements, curative documents, and contractual obligations.
- Division Order Analyst, DEF Gas Company, Dallas, TX (2010 - 2015): Analyzed division of interest for exploration and production company. Utilized title and legal research tools to research mineral ownership and completely resolve title defects. Prepared mineral title opinions and ownership reports for clients.
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Petroleum Engineering, University of Texas, Austin, TX
- Awards and Honors: 2018 Division Order Analyst of the Year, American Association of Petroleum Landmen
- Professional Memberships: American Association of Petroleum Landmen, Society of Petroleum Engineers
- References: Available upon request.
Division Order Analyst with 5+ years of experience in the oil and gas industry. Possess strong analytical and technical skills with meticulous attention to detail. Proficient in interpreting legal documents, analyzing production data and creating division order reports.
ABC Oil & Gas Company
Division Order Analyst - Houston, TX
2020 - Present
- Prepare and analyze division orders for producing and non-producing mineral interests
- Calculate and distribute revenue payments to royalty owners and working interest partners
- Verify oil and gas production volumes and allocate costs to appropriate parties
- Communicate with landowners, attorneys and other stakeholders regarding division of interest issues
- Collaborate with accounting department to ensure accurate and timely payment disbursements
XYZ Energy Corporation
Division Order Analyst - Denver, CO
2018 - 2020
- Coordinated with operators and land administrators to verify working interest and royalty burdens for mineral leases
- Reviewed and interpreted legal documents such as leases, pooling agreements, JOAs, and DOAs
- Created and maintained spreadsheets to track production data, revenue payments, and ownership changes
- Identified and resolved discrepancies in title ownership and payments
- Assisted in preparing division order title opinions for legal department
- Bachelor's Degree in Petroleum Engineering - Texas A&M University
- Division Order Analyst Certification - National Association of Division Order Analysts