Experienced Desktop Support technician with over 5 years of experience providing technical support to end-users in various industries. Proficient in hardware and software troubleshooting, installation, and maintenance. Able to communicate technical concepts clearly to individuals with varying technical backgrounds. Seeking a challenging desktop support position to enhance skills and contribute to the success of the organization.
- Technical troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Windows and Mac OS support
- Hardware and software installation, configuration, and maintenance
- Active Directory and Exchange administration
- Network protocols and troubleshooting
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Team player with exceptional work ethics
Desktop Support Technician
XYZ Corporation | Anytown, USA
June 2016 – Present
- Provide hardware and software support to end-users in a Windows and Mac operating environment
- Install, maintain, and troubleshoot desktops, laptops, printers, and mobile devices
- Administer Active Directory, Exchange, and other network protocols to manage user accounts and access permissions
- Create and maintain technical documentation, including user guides, knowledge base articles, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Collaborate with other IT teams to resolve technical issues and escalate problems as needed
- Communicate technical concepts to end-users with varying technical backgrounds using clear and concise language
- Provide exceptional customer service and maintain a positive attitude in a high-pressure environment
Desktop Support Analyst
ABC Company | Somewhere, USA
January 2014 – May 2016
- Provided desktop support to end-users in a Windows operating environment
- Installed, configured, and maintained desktops, laptops, printers, and peripherals
- Resolved technical issues related to software, hardware, and network connectivity
- Assisted with Active Directory administration, including user account creation and access permissions
- Created and maintained technical documentation, including user guides and knowledge base articles
- Escalated technical issues to higher-level support teams as needed
- Provided exceptional customer service and maintained a positive attitude in a high-pressure environment
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
University of XYZ | Anytown, USA
Graduated May 2013
Use Action Verbs
Start your bullet points with action verbs like 'led', 'managed', 'developed', etc. This helps highlight your skills and abilities in an energetic and straightforward way.
A Desktop Support role is responsible for providing technical support to end-users of a company's computer systems and equipment. The role involves troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving various technical issues related to hardware and software, as well as configuring and maintaining computer systems and networks.
Key skills required for a Desktop Support role
- Strong knowledge and understanding of computer hardware, software, and operating systems
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and environments
How to write a Desktop Support resume?
Writing a great Desktop Support resume can be a challenging task. Follow these key tips to make sure your resume stands out.
- Start with a strong summary statement: The summary statement is usually the first thing a potential employer will read in your resume. Make sure you grab their attention with a strong statement that highlights your key skills and experience in Desktop Support.
- Include a list of your technical skills: This is the section where you can showcase your knowledge and expertise in computer systems, software, and networks. Make sure you list all relevant technical skills in bullet points.
- Highlight your professional experience: When writing about your professional experience, focus on your achievements and the impact you made in your previous roles. Quantify your accomplishments with specific numbers and metrics.
- Emphasize your customer service skills: Desktop Support involves working with end-users, so it is important to emphasize your customer service skills. Highlight your ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users and how you have helped customers with their technical issues in the past.
- Incorporate relevant certifications and training: Including relevant certifications and training on your resume can help you stand out from other candidates and show your dedication to continuous learning and development in the field of Desktop Support.
Writing a strong Desktop Support resume requires highlighting your technical skills and experience, as well as your ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users. By following the tips outlined above, you can create a resume that showcases your strengths and makes you stand out to potential employers.