123 Main Street | Anytown, USA 12345 | 555-555-5555 | [email protected]
Objective: Experienced delivery driver with a clean driving record and knowledge of the city's streets and traffic patterns, seeking a position with XYZ company.
- Delivery Driver, ABC Delivery Services, Anytown, USA (2015-2020)
- Delivered packages and documents to businesses and residential areas using a company-provided cargo van.
- Utilized GPS and mapping software to plan and optimize routes.
- Maintained accurate and up-to-date delivery logs and paperwork.
- Received and processed customer complaints and requests for delivery changes.
- Route Driver, DEF Logistics, Anytown, USA (2012-2015)
- Operated a box truck to deliver packages and pallets to businesses and warehouses.
- Followed strict safety procedures and DOT regulations.
- Communicated with dispatchers and supervisors to coordinate deliveries.
- Successfully completed all deliveries on time and under budget.
- High School Diploma, Anytown High School, Anytown, USA (2008)
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL) with Class B endorsement, Anytown, USA (2011)
- Proficient in GPS navigation and map reading.
- Familiar with a variety of delivery vehicles, including cargo vans and box trucks.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and manage time effectively.
- Volunteer Driver, Anytown Food Bank, Anytown, USA (2010-2015)
- Delivered food and supplies to low-income families and non-profit organizations.
- Helped to organize and stock the food bank's warehouse.
References available upon request.
Note: This is just a sample resume, you should tailor your resume to the specific requirements of the delivery driver position you are applying for, and update your information accordingly.
Use Job Keywords
Many employers use software that scans for specific job keywords. Make sure to include these keywords, found in the job posting, to ensure your resume doesn't get filtered out.
A delivery driver resume should highlight your relevant experience, including the type of vehicles you are familiar with, your ability to operate GPS and other navigation equipment, and your customer service skills.
- Start with a strong objective statement that summarizes your qualifications for the job. For example, "Experienced delivery driver with a clean driving record and knowledge of the city's streets and traffic patterns, seeking a position with XYZ company."
- Include your work experience, starting with your most recent job. Be sure to list the company name, job title, and dates of employment. Also, include specific details about your responsibilities, such as the types of deliveries you made, the routes you drove, and any safety or efficiency records you maintained.
- List your education, including any relevant training or certifications you have. For example, if you have a commercial driver's license (CDL), be sure to mention it.
- Highlight any relevant skills you have, such as the ability to navigate using GPS, map reading, and ability to work with different types of vehicles.
- Include any relevant volunteer or community service experience you have, such as volunteer work as a driver for a non-profit organization.
- Lastly, include your contact information, such as your phone number and email address.
- Proofread your resume for any errors, and make sure it is formatted and easy to read.
Remember, your goal is to create a resume that showcases your qualifications and makes you stand out as a strong candidate for the job. So, be sure to tailor your resume to the specific requirements of the delivery driver position you are applying for.