Before diving into writing a crossing guard resume, it is important to understand the job responsibilities and requirements. Crossing guards play a vital role in ensuring the safety of pedestrians, especially children, on busy streets. They are responsible for stopping and directing traffic, helping pedestrians cross the road safely, and ensuring that vehicles obey traffic rules.
Tips on Writing a Crossing Guard Resume:
When writing a crossing guard resume, keep in mind the following tips:
- Highlight your previous experience: If you have previously worked as a crossing guard or have experience in a related field, make sure to highlight that on your resume.
- Highlight your skills: As a crossing guard, you need to have excellent communication skills, the ability to work well under pressure, and a keen eye for potential hazards. Make sure to mention these skills on your resume.
- Include relevant training and education: If you have undergone any training or have relevant education in traffic management or safety, make sure to include it on your resume as it shows that you are knowledgeable about the job.
- Mention any certifications: If you have any certifications related to traffic management or safety, make sure to mention them on your resume as it will increase your chances of getting hired.
- Include References: Including references on your resume can help the employer verify your experience and skills.
- Use bullet points: Using bullet points can help break down information on your resume and make it easier to read.
Sample Crossing Guard Resume:
Name: John Doe
Contact: Phone: XXX-XXX-XXXX Email: [email protected]
- Worked as a crossing guard for XYZ School District for three years.
- Directed traffic and helped pedestrians cross the street safely.
- Managed large crowds and ensured the safety of all pedestrians.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education from ABC University.
- Certification in Traffic Management from DEF Institute.
- Jane Smith, Principal at XYZ School District. Phone: XXX-XXX-XXXX Email: [email protected]
- Mike Johnson, Manager at DEF Institute, Phone: XXX-XXX-XXXX Email: [email protected]
Writing a crossing guard resume requires attention to detail and highlighting your experience, skills, training and education. By following the tips listed above on writing a crossing guard resume, candidates can ensure that their resume stands out and increases their chances of getting hired.