Experienced CNC machinist with over 5 years of experience operating a variety of CNC machines. Skilled in programming, troubleshooting, and maintaining CNC equipment. Seeking a challenging role in a dynamic company where I can utilize my skills and expertise to contribute to the success of the organization.
ABC Manufacturing, Anytown USA
June 2017 - Present
- Operate and maintain CNC machines to produce high-quality parts according to engineering specifications
- Review blueprints, drawings, and work orders to determine machining requirements
- Write and edit CNC programs using G-code and CAM software
- Calibrate and maintain measuring and testing equipment to ensure accuracy of machined parts
- Troubleshoot equipment and processes to minimize downtime and maximize productivity
XYZ Industries, Anytown USA
January 2015 - May 2017
- Operated CNC machines to produce parts according to engineering drawings and specifications
- Inspected finished parts to ensure they met quality standards
- Maintained inventory of raw materials and tooling
- Assisted in writing and modifying CNC programs
- Worked with engineers and production managers to meet production goals and timelines
- Proficient in programming and operating CNC machines
- Experience with a variety of CNC equipment and software, including Mazak, Haas, and FANUC
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot equipment and processes
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to maintain accuracy under pressure
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
References available upon request.
Focus on Your Achievements
Your resume should showcase what you've accomplished in your career. Instead of listing daily tasks, emphasize your achievements, demonstrating your value with real-world examples.
If you are searching for a job as a CNC machinist, it's important to have a well-written resume that can help you stand out among other applicants. A good resume must effectively portray your skills, experience, and talents in a way that's easy to understand for the hiring manager.
When it comes to writing a CNC machinist resume, there are some critical aspects you should consider:
- Contact information: Your name, current address, phone numbers, and email address are essential in ensuring that potential employers can reach out to you.
- Objective statement: This is a brief statement that highlights your career goal and interests. Make sure to write a personalized objective statement for every job you apply for, and ensure that it's related to the position you want.
- Professional summary: Here, you should highlight your experience and skills in CNC machining. Mention any certifications or degrees you have obtained in the field.
- Skills: Be sure to describe your skills in programming, maintenance, and operation of CNC machines. Your skills should be easy to read and must align with the job requirements and the company's objectives.
- Work experience: Provide detailed information on your previous job positions, the specific tasks and responsibilities you had, and the skills you gained from those experiences. Make sure to mention any notable achievements you accomplished while working in those roles.
- Education: Include your educational background, such as your degree, school, graduation date, and any relevant coursework or certifications.
The resume format you choose should be easy to read and visually appealing. Use bullet points to make the information concise and scannable. Start with your most relevant job experience and skills, and work your way down to your least relevant experience.
By following these tips, you can create a great CNC machinist resume that will catch the eye of the hiring manager and make you stand out among other applicants. Take your time to review your resume and make sure it accurately represents your skills and experiences.