123 Main Street, Anytown USA | 555-555-5555 | [email protected]
Experienced clerical professional with a strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and the ability to work collaboratively in fast-paced environments. Proficient in Microsoft Office with excellent data entry and record keeping skills.
Administrative Assistant, ABC Corporation
- Assisted with scheduling and coordinating meetings, conference calls and travel arrangements for executives and management team.
- Managed office supply inventory, ordered and stocked supplies as needed.
- Processed and handled confidential company documents and records whilst maintaining discretion and confidentiality.
- Developed and maintained organizational protocols, procedures, and policies.
Data Entry Specialist, XYZ Company
- Entered and analyzed data using Excel spreadsheets with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Developed and maintained computerized filing systems for optimal organization and accessibility of company records.
- Prepared reports and correspondences for management team using Microsoft Word.
- Performed administrative support tasks, such as answering phones, filing and photocopying as needed.
Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration, University of Anytown, USA
- Coursework included: Accounting, Business Writing, Management, Marketing, and Information Systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Strong Data Entry and Record Keeping skills
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication
- Organizational and Time Management Proficiency
Use Job Keywords
Many employers use software that scans for specific job keywords. Make sure to include these keywords, found in the job posting, to ensure your resume doesn't get filtered out.
A clerical job requires individuals to handle various administrative and clerical tasks. To land a clerical job, you need to have a professional resume that highlights your relevant skills and experiences. In this article, we will provide some tips on how to write a clerical resume effectively.
Formatting Your Resume
- Start with your name and contact information. Make sure to write your full name, email address, and phone number so that potential employers can get in touch with you easily.
- Write a professional summary about yourself that will grab the employer's attention. This part should be a concise paragraph that highlights your skills, experiences, and achievements that make you a suitable candidate for the job.
- Next, list your work experience in reverse chronological order, starting with your most recent position. Make sure to mention the company name, position, dates of employment, and your job responsibilities. Use bullet points to make the information easier to read.
- List your relevant educational qualifications. Include the name of the degree, the name of the institution, and the date of graduation or expected graduation. If you have any relevant certifications or training, mention them here.
- Lastly, list your skills and accomplishments. This is your opportunity to highlight any relevant skills you possess that can contribute to the job you are applying for.
Tailoring Your Resume to the Job Description
To make your resume stand out, tailor it to the specific clerical job you are applying for. Read the job description carefully, and ensure that you highlight your skills and experiences that match the position's requirements. Use keywords from the job description in your resume and mention how your qualifications make you a suitable candidate for the job.
Tips for Crafting an Effective Clerical Resume
- Use simple and clear language. Avoid using technical vocabulary or jargon.
- Use bullet points to make information easy to read.
- Keep your resume concise, ideally on one page.
- Proofread your resume to ensure that there are no errors or typos.
- Provide references if the employer requests them.
Writing a clerical resume can be a challenging task, but by following the tips in this article, you can create an effective resume that showcases your skills and experiences to potential employers. Remember to tailor your resume to the specific job you are applying for, and highlight your qualifications that make you the best candidate for the job.