Experienced Cisco Engineer with over 7 years of experience in designing, implementing, and troubleshooting Cisco networks. Skilled in Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, and wireless technologies. Strong knowledge of OSI model, TCP/IP protocols, and VLANs.
- Cisco routers and switches
- Cisco firewalls and security appliances
- Cisco wireless technologies
- VLANs and subnets
- OSI model and TCP/IP protocols
- Routing protocols (OSPF, BGP)
- Network monitoring and management tools (SolarWinds, Nagios)
Cisco Engineer, XYZ Corporation (2016-present)
- Design and deploy Cisco networks, including routers, switches, firewalls, and wireless access points
- Configure and troubleshoot VLANs, subnets, and routing protocols (OSPF, BGP)
- Implement network security measures, including firewalls and VPNs
- Manage network performance using monitoring and management tools (SolarWinds, Nagios)
- Provide tier-3 support for network-related issues
Network Engineer, ABC Company (2013-2016)
- Assisted in designing and implementing Cisco networks
- Configured and troubleshooted VLANs and subnets
- Assisted in managing network performance using monitoring tools (SolarWinds)
- Provide tier-2 support for network-related issues
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, XYZ University
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
Are you looking to write a resume as a Cisco engineer but unsure of how to get started? Below you'll find helpful tips to create a resume that stands out.
Create a Professional Summary
Your professional summary should be a brief statement that highlights your skills and experience as a Cisco engineer. This should be the first section of your resume, located just below your contact information.
- Use keywords related to Cisco networking
- Mention any relevant certifications you hold
- Showcase your years of experience with Cisco technologies
- Explain your passion for the networking industry
Highlight Your Technical Skills
As a software-focused, network equipment and services provider, Cisco requires a specific set of technical skills and knowledge
- Mention all of your technical proficiencies such as routing, switching, and network protocols
- Include your working knowledge of Cisco technologies such as Cisco IOS and NX-OS
- Highlight any hands-on experience with Cisco products, such as Cisco Nexus, and Cisco UCS servers.
Showcase Your Professional Experience
A major factor in a successful Cisco engineer resume is the professional experience section. While listing all your previous roles and tasks is important, focus on the accomplishments you made in each position.
- Primary results in your previous roles
- Show how your technical expertise helped find solutions to problems in the network you worked on
- Mention changes you initiated and describe how they were successful
Education and Certifications
Include your formal education background and all of your Cisco certifications. Consider listing relevant courses or the ones that led to certificates.
- List all relevant Cisco certifications you have
- Include bachelor's or master's degrees in engineering or information technology fields
- List out any other professional certifications that might be relevant to your desired role as a Cisco engineer.
A winning Cisco engineer resume is well-formatted and highlights your key accomplishments, technical and networking skills, and any relevant education or certifications. Tailor these tips to your specific qualifications and experience, and you'll be on your way to landing your next Cisco engineer job!