Highly skilled and motivated chef assistant with 3 years of experience in culinary industry. Efficient in prepping ingredients, cooking techniques, and kitchen management. Willing to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment.
Kitchen Prep Assistant
The Chef's Kitchen, Los Angeles, CA
June 2018 - Present
- Prep ingredients for daily menu items
- Assist in cooking, plating, and serving dishes
- Manage inventory levels and restock supplies as needed
- Organize and clean the kitchen area to maintain sanitary standards
The Bistro, San Francisco, CA
January 2017 - May 2018
- Prepared and cooked a variety of menu items including appetizers, entrees, and desserts
- Managed food orders and ensured timely delivery of dishes
- Assisted in creating new menu items
- Helped maintain kitchen equipment and utensils to ensure proper functioning
Certification in Culinary Arts
Culinary Institute of America, Napa Valley, CA
August 2016 - December 2016
Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality Management
San Francisco State University, San Francisco, CA
August 2012 - May 2016
Use Action Verbs
Start your bullet points with action verbs like 'led', 'managed', 'developed', etc. This helps highlight your skills and abilities in an energetic and straightforward way.
A Chef Assistant plays a vital role in helping Head Chef in kitchen management operations. They prepare food, maintain hygiene standards, manage the kitchen inventory and ingredients and assist the Chef in recipe preparation and presentation.
Skills to include in chef assistant resume
- Understanding of Food preparation techniques and sanitation practices.
- Excellent record keeping, math, and typing skills.
- Effective communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and to perform under pressure.
- Proven experience in kitchen management and food service operations.
- Attention to detail and ability to identify quality control issues.
- Proficiency in using kitchen equipment and tools.
- Willingness to learn new recipes and techniques.
Resume sections to include
- Objective: A short statement outlining your career goals and the purpose of applying for the Chef Assistant job position.
- Summary: A brief summary of your work experience, skills, and achievements related to the Chef Assistant role.
- Skills: A list of skills relevant to the job position as a Chef Assistant, highlighting your strengths and abilities.
- Experience: A detailed overview of your previous work experience, outlining your responsibilities and achievements in previous roles.
- Education: Information about any relevant educational qualifications or certificates you may have obtained.
- Certifications: Details of any certifications related to food service management or kitchen management.
- References: The names and contact details of individuals who can provide references for your Chef Assistant role.
Resume Formatting Tips
- Keep your resume concise and relevant to the job position.
- Use bullet points to break up text and make it easier to read.
- Ensure your resume is free of any errors or typos.
- Use keywords from the job description to show you have a good understanding of the position.
- Use action verbs to demonstrate your achievements and responsibilities in previous roles.
- Include any relevant pictures or visuals to make your resume stand out from other applicants.
- Ensure your resume is well-organized and easy to navigate.
By focusing on your skills and experience in kitchen management and food preparation, highlighting your achievements and showcasing your professionalism, your Chef Assistant resume can be a powerful tool in gaining the attention of potential employers. Make sure that your resume is informative, engaging, and well-organized to increase your chances of being called in for an interview.