Highly motivated Category Manager with over 8 years of experience in developing and implementing effective category strategies, managing vendor relationships, and driving sales growth. Skilled in analyzing market trends and consumer behavior, with a proven track record of exceeding revenue targets and increasing profitability.
Category Manager - ABC Corporation (2015-Present)
- Develop and execute category strategies for assigned categories, resulting in a 20% increase in sales YoY
- Manage vendor relationships and negotiate favorable terms for contracts and pricing agreements, resulting in a 15% reduction in costs
- Analyze market trends and competitor activity to identify opportunities and develop marketing and promotional plans
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including merchandising, marketing, and operations, to ensure alignment of category goals with overall business objectives
Assistant Category Manager - DEF Corporation (2013-2015)
- Assisted Category Manager in developing and implementing category strategies for assigned categories, resulting in a 10% increase in sales YoY
- Managed vendor relationships and assisted in negotiating contracts and pricing agreements
- Conducted market research and analyzed consumer behavior to identify trends and opportunities for growth
- Supported cross-functional teams in the development of marketing and promotional plans
Bachelor of Science in Marketing - XYZ University (2009-2013)
- Graduated magna cum laude
- Coursework included market research, consumer behavior, and marketing strategy
- Category management
- Vendor management
- Market research
- Pricing and contract negotiation
- Marketing and promotional planning
- Data analysis
Are you a Category Manager looking to update or create a resume that will grab the attention of potential employers? Look no further! This article will provide you with tips and tricks on how to write a Category Manager resume that will make you stand out from other candidates.
Formatting and Layout
The first step in creating a great resume is formatting and layout. Your resume should be easy to read and well-organized. Use bullet points and headers to break down your information into sections. Make sure to highlight your key skills and accomplishments. Always proofread your resume multiple times to ensure there are no errors.
Your objective statement should be a brief summary of your career goals and the value you can bring to the company as a Category Manager. This statement should be clear and concise, capturing the reader's attention from the start.
Key Skills and Accomplishments
- List your top skills relevant to the Category Manager position, such as proficiency in data analysis, inventory management, and project planning.
- Include specific accomplishments that showcase your skills, like reducing inventory costs by 15% or increasing sales by 20% in a specific category.
- Quantify your accomplishments with numbers whenever possible.
- List your previous work experiences in reverse chronological order, starting with your most recent position.
- For each position, provide a brief summary of your responsibilities and accomplishments.
- Show how you managed and developed categories, collaborated with suppliers, and implemented new strategies and programs.
- Include any specific projects you managed or initiatives you spearheaded.
Education and Certifications
- List your formal education, including your degree and any relevant coursework.
- Include any relevant certifications, such as a Certified Category Management Professional (CCMP) designation.
- Add any relevant continuing education courses or industry conferences you've attended.
Personal Interests and Hobbies
Although not mandatory, including a section highlighting your personal interests and hobbies can help show that you’re well-rounded and a culture fit for the company.
By following these tips, you can create a powerful Category Manager resume that highlights your accomplishments and relevant skills. Make sure to customize your resume for each position you apply for and always include a cover letter to give a more in-depth view of your qualifications.