Hardworking and experienced brick mason with over 10 years of experience in the construction industry. Proficient in designing, constructing, and repairing various structures using different types of bricks, blocks, and stones, and ensuring compliance with safety protocols and building codes. Proven ability to work efficiently in teams or independently in fast-paced environment.
- Bricklaying expertise
- Masonry repair and restoration
- Proficient with different types of bricks, blocks, and stones
- Experience in mixing concrete, mortar, and plaster
- Excellent measuring, cutting, and shaping skills
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics
- Compliance with safety protocols and building codes
- Team player and independent worker
Brick Mason - ABC Construction Company (2015 - Present)
- Design and construct various structures, including walls, chimneys, fireplaces, and arches, using different types of bricks, blocks, and stones based on blueprints and schematics.
- Repair damaged masonry, including cracks, holes, and leaks, using various techniques and tools such as chisels, hammers, and grinders.
- Mix concrete, mortar, and plaster using appropriate proportions of ingredients such as cement, water, sand, and lime, and apply them to masonry surfaces using trowels and other tools.
- Measure, cut, and shape bricks, blocks, and stones using precision tools such as saws, hammers, and chisels, to fit specific areas and shapes.
- Ensure compliance with safety protocols and building codes, including wearing protective gear, securing work area, and following regulations related to fire safety, electrical wiring, and plumbing.
Brick Mason Apprentice - XYZ Masonry and Construction (2010 - 2015)
- Assisted experienced brick masons in various tasks, including mixing mortar and concrete, cutting and shaping bricks, and cleaning work areas.
- Learned about different types of bricks, blocks, and stones, their properties, and their uses in construction.
- Observed and followed safety protocols and building codes, and acquired skills in proper handling of tools and equipment.
- Contributed to the team's productivity and efficiency by assisting in different tasks and learning new techniques.
Education and Training
Certification in Bricklaying and Masonry Technology - State Technical Institute
OSHA 30-Hour Construction Safety Training - OSHA Training Center
*References available upon request.
Brick masonry is one of the most ancient and valuable trades. Bricklayers create structures, such as walls, fireplaces, and chimneys, using different types of bricks, mortar, and cement. Creating brickwork might seem like an easy job, but it is a specialized and technical career that requires a lot of physical strength and mental sharpness.
What to Include in a Brick Mason Resume
Your brick masonry resume should have the following components:
- Contact Information: Include your name, phone number, email address and physical address.
- Professional Summary: A brief paragraph that highlights your work experience, skills, and goals.
- Work Experience: A detailed list of your past work experience, including the name and location of the company you worked for, the dates you worked there and your duties while working there.
- Skills: List all the skills you possess that are relevant to the job.
- Education: Include any certificates or degrees earned.
How to Write a Brick Mason Resume
To write a winning brick mason resume, follow these tips:
- Start with a strong Professional Summary that grabs the attention of the employer.
- In your Work Experience section, provide specific details about each job, including accomplishments and projects you were part of.
- Include relevant skills such as brick cutting, masonry work, and knowledge of different types of bricks and cement.
- If you have formal education, such as a diploma or degree in brick masonry, include that in your resume.
- Use bullet points and concise language to make your resume easy to read.
- Showcase your physical strength and ability to withstand working in different weather conditions.
- Include references from past supervisors or colleagues to validate your work and character.
- Proofread your resume and have someone else look at it to make sure there are no errors or typos.
A well-crafted brick masonry resume is essential to landing a job in this industry. Follow the tips above to create a resume that showcases your skills and experience in the best possible light. Keep in mind that your resume may be the only chance you have to impress a potential employer, so it's worth taking the time to make it stand out.