Experienced Automation Tester with over 5 years of experience in designing and executing test cases, developing automation frameworks, and identifying software defects. Proven track record of delivering high-quality software products in fast-paced Agile environments.
- Proficient in test automation tools like Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, JUnit, and Jenkins
- Expertise in database testing using SQL queries
- Experience in testing web applications, mobile applications (iOS and Android), and APIs
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies like Scrum and Kanban
XYZ Software Solutions
December 2018 - Present
- Developed and executed automated test scripts using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG
- Performed end-to-end testing of web and mobile applications
- Identified and reported defects using JIRA
- Created and maintained test plans, test cases, and test scripts
- Collaborated with developers and other stakeholders to ensure timely delivery of high-quality software products
January 2016 - November 2018
- Developed and maintained automation frameworks for web and mobile applications
- Performed functional, regression, and integration testing
- Participated in daily stand-up meetings and sprint retrospectives
- Conducted peer reviews of test scripts and test cases
- Provided training and mentoring to junior automation testers
Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science
September 2011 - May 2015
As the world of software development continues to grow, the demand for automation testers is increasing. Automation testers are responsible for creating automated tests, identifying defects, and tracking the defect resolution process. If you want to land a job as an automation tester, having a strong resume is essential.
Step 1: Choose a clear and concise resume format:
- Before you start writing your resume, choose a clear and concise resume format that highlights your skills and experience.
- Use bullet points and short sentences to make your resume easy to read.
- Avoid using flashy fonts or too many colors, as this can detract from your content.
Step 2: Tailor your resume to the job description:
- One of the key things to remember when writing your automation tester resume is to tailor it to the job description.
- Look at the job posting and highlight the key skills and experience that the employer is looking for.
- Incorporate these skills and experience into your resume in a way that showcases your strengths.
Step 3: Highlight your experience:
- Your experience as an automation tester is one of the most important elements of your resume.
- Include information about previous projects you have worked on, the software testing tools you have experience with, and any notable achievements you have had.
- Use specific examples to demonstrate your ability to work collaboratively within a team and to solve complex testing issues.
Step 4: Showcase your technical skills:
- As an automation tester, you are expected to have a strong grasp of technical skills and experience with different automation testing tools.
- Include a section that highlights your experience with different programming languages, automation testing tools, and software development methodologies.
- Be specific about your skills and experience, as this will show your potential employer that you are a qualified candidate.
Step 5: Add a professional summary:
- Include a professional summary at the start of your resume that highlights your strengths and experience.
- This summary should be specific and should highlight your key skills and experience.
- Make sure it is relevant to the job you are applying for.
Writing an automation tester resume can be a daunting task, but by following the steps above, you can create a strong resume that highlights your skills and experience. Remember to tailor your resume to the job description, highlight your experience, showcase your technical skills, and add a professional summary. By highlighting your strengths, you can ensure that your automation tester resume stands out from the crowd and increases your chances of getting hired.