Experienced Assistant Principal with strong leadership skills and a track record of success in improving student academic achievement. Possess excellent communication and collaboration skills with staff, parents and community members.
- Master's Degree in Educational Leadership - XYZ University
- Bachelor's Degree in Education - ABC College
Assistant Principal - DEF School District
2015 - present
- Collaborate with Principal and teaching staff to develop and implement school improvement plan
- Serve as a lead administrator in the absence of the Principal
- Implement and monitor programs to improve student behavior and attendance
- Supervise the implementation of state and federal educational laws and guidelines
Instructional Coach - GHI School District
2010 - 2015
- Designed and delivered professional development for teachers on data analysis and instructional strategies
- Collaborated with teachers to improve instructional practices and increase student achievement
- Analyzed student data to identify areas of need and develop targeted interventions
Teacher - JKL School District
2005 - 2010
- Developed and implemented rigorous lesson plans to teach a diverse student population
- Created a positive and engaging classroom environment that supported student learning
- Designed and implemented assessments to evaluate student progress and adjust instruction accordingly
Use Action Verbs
Start your bullet points with action verbs like 'led', 'managed', 'developed', etc. This helps highlight your skills and abilities in an energetic and straightforward way.
An Assistant Principal is an integral part of the school hierarchy who handles various administrative and instructional tasks alongside the Principal to ensure the smooth functioning of the school. To become an Assistant Principal, you need a well-drafted resume that highlights your skills, qualifications, and experience. Here we have provided you with a step-by-step guide on crafting a winning Assistant Principal resume.
Step-by-Step Guide to Write Assistant Principal Resume
- Start with a Compelling Header and Summary: Begin your resume with a persuasive heading including your name, contact information, and professional title. Follow it with a concise summary highlighting your skills, experience, and key accomplishments.
- Showcase your Educational Qualifications: As an Assistant Principal, you must possess a Master's degree or higher and must specify it on the resume.
- Highlight your Professional Experience: Specify your professional experience with details like previous job title, job description and highlight your achievements.
- Include Leadership Skills: Mention your leadership skills like management, problem solving, decision making and communication skills that you have honed in the past.
- Add your Certifications: Mention details of all your certifications and licenses related to Assistant Principal positions you have earned.
- Volunteer and Extracurricular activities: Add volunteer experience and any extracurricular activities you may have taken part in that exhibit your passion for education and leadership.
- Use Action-oriented Keywords: Use strong action-oriented keywords like "managed," "coordinated" and "led" to showcase your capability and impact.
- Proofread your Resume:Edit your resume and double-check for any errors in spelling, grammar, and punctuation to make it stand out.
Following the above steps, your resume will become a stand-out application for an Assistant Principal position.
Poor Spelling of Company Names or Job Titles
Spelling mistakes, particularly of company names or job titles, can be viewed negatively by hiring managers. Always double-check for correct spelling.