Experienced Accounts Payable Coordinator with over 5 years of experience managing and processing invoices, reconciling accounts, and maintaining financial records. Proven ability to troubleshoot issues related to accounting and finance processes. Proficient in MS Excel, accounting software, and financial reporting.
Accounts Payable Coordinator, XYZ Corp.
Managed the accounts payable process for a $10 million budget, processing 100+ invoices per week and maintaining accurate records.
- Created invoices, matched them with purchase orders, and processed payments using MS Excel and accounting software.
- Ensured timely payment of invoices to avoid late fees and maintained compliance with company policies and regulations.
- Coordinated with vendors to resolve billing issues and reconciled accounts to ensure accuracy.
Accounts Payable Specialist, ABC Corp.
Assisted in the management of the accounts payable process for a $5 million budget, processing 50+ invoices per week and maintaining accurate records.
- Processed invoices, matched them with purchase orders, and entered data into accounting software.
- Resolved billing issues with vendors and maintained accurate records of accounts payable.
- Assisted with month-end close by preparing and reconciling accounts payable reports.
- Experience with accounting software such as QuickBooks and Oracle.
- Proficient in MS Excel, including pivot tables and VLOOKUP functions.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to identify and troubleshoot accounting issues.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate with vendors and cross-functional teams.'
Accounts Payable Coordinators are directly responsible for managing all financial transactions related to a company's accounts payable department. They handle everything from invoicing and payment processing to vendor management and budget allocation. A strong resume can help showcase an applicant's relevant skills and experience in this role and can increase their chances of being hired.
Tips for Writing an Accounts Payable Coordinator Resume:
- Start with a clear and concise objective statement that highlights your experience in the field, your specific skills, and your overall career goals.
- Include relevant work experience, highlighting any responsibilities and achievements related to accounts payable, budget management, and vendor relations.
- List any relevant education or certifications, including accounting degrees or certifications from professional accounting organizations such as the Institute of Management Accountants.
- Include any relevant software or technical skills, such as proficiency in Microsoft Excel and experience using accounting software such as QuickBooks or Xero.
- Highlight your organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Showcase your ability to communicate effectively with vendors, clients, and other internal stakeholders and your ability to resolve any payment-related issues or discrepancies.
- Proofread your resume for grammar and spelling errors, and ensure that it is formatted in a clear and easy-to-read manner.
Example Accounts Payable Coordinator Resume:
To obtain an Accounts Payable Coordinator position where I can utilize my extensive experience in processing and managing accounts payable, vendor management, and budget allocation to benefit the company.
- Managed accounts payable for a large retail company, processing several hundred invoices per week and ensuring timely payments to vendors.
- Implemented a new invoice tracking system, reducing payment processing time by 20% and increasing accuracy in payment tracking.
- Managed vendor relations and negotiated vendor contracts, resulting in a 15% reduction in overall vendor costs.
- Maintained accurate records of all financial transactions and ensured compliance with all relevant accounting regulations.
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, University of XYZ
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA), Institute of Management Accountants
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, QuickBooks, and Xero
- Demonstrated ability to learn new software and accounting systems quickly
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks while meeting deadlines
Available upon request.